Chapel

 

The Chapel

The Mount’s Romanesque Chapel is dedicated to St. Alphonsuys Liguori, an 18th century Bishop who founded the Redemptorist Congregation in 1732. In addition to Roman Catholic symbolism and doctrine, much of the interior of the 250 seat chapel depicts his life and the charism embraced by Redemptorists.

Richly furnished with mosaics, German-made stained glass windows, paintings, religious relics and statuary, our beautiful Chapel is the perfect place for prayer, meditation and reflection.

It is also the setting for musical events presented by the Mount’s Music Ministry.

P.O. Box 219, Route 9W, Esopus, NY 12429 • 845-384-8000 • fax 845-384-8088

©2004 Mount Saint Alphonsus

Latest posts by msare (see all)

    Leave a Reply