Why Choose the Mount?
- The Mount provides a beautiful and serene setting that makes it possible for our guests to leave the world behind for a while. Our castle-like building is located on 400 acres overlooking the Hudson River.
- The Mounts Staff keeps everything looking great and functioning smoothly. Whether youre here for a day program, conference or musical event, youll like the way the staff makes sure your stay is comfortable.
- The Retreat Team designs and presents most of the programs held at the Mount. The Reservations Office handles bookings, billings and makes sure that your stay with us is a pleasant one.
- The Mount offers meeting rooms seating up to 275 guests, with breakout rooms for smaller groups needing privacy, and casual settings in which guests can gather informally. The Mount has 92 bedrooms with single or double occupancy for up to 136 people, with shared bathrooms.
- The Mounts treasure is our exquisite Romanesque chapel, with its stained glass windows, statuary, and seven altars that offers an incomparable setting for meditation and prayer.
- The Mount has great walking trails, and an outdoor Stations of the Cross.
- The Mounts Gift Shop offers guests a variety of religious articles, icons, jewelry, note cards, a wide selection of books on theology and spirituality as well as other gift items.
- The Mount offers its guests well-balanced and nutritious meals; a vegetarian option is part of every meal.
- The Mount is fully handicapped accessible. Look for the new entrance at the right wing of the building as you approach the main door.
Since our founding we redemptorists experience and proclaim the gospel through community in God.
The mission of Mt. St. Alphonsus Retreat House is to offer sanctuary to all people who seek communion with God, self, others and creation.
Sharing the wisdom of our religious tradition through praryer, study and the communal life, our retreat cener offers a variety of opportunities to restore and deepen community within the human family.